This course offers the opportunity to engage in a complete examination of the Project Management Office – its role and purpose, the different models used, and how an organization would approach establishing a PMO. Learn proven methods of establishing, managing, and achieving project excellence with a PMO
- PMO Overview
- The Function of the PMO
- The PMO and Project Success
2. Establish a PMO
- The Steps to Establish a PMO
- The PMO Charter
- Barriers to Establishing a PMO
- The PMO Value Proposition
- PMO Revitalization
3. Project Controls, Failure, and Recovery
- Overview of Project Control
- Project Audits
- Project Health and Additional Control Measures
- Project Recovery and Termination
4. PMO Assessment
5. PMO Trends and Moving Forward
- PMO Trends
- Tips for Starting a PMO
6. PMO VALUE RING Methodology overview
- Step 1 – How to collect stakeholders expectations and identify the best functions for a PMO
- Step 2 – How to define the PMO functions and balance the PMO mix of functions
- Steps 3 and 4 – How to define PMO processes and their Key Performance Indicators
- Step 5 – How to assess PMO competencies and establish action plans
- Step 6 – How to assess the maturity of the PMO and establish evolution plans
- Steps 7 and 8 – How to evaluate the ROI of the PMO and establish a strategic monitoring panel
7. PMO VALUE RING Implementation Methodology
8. PMO-CP Online Exam
- The PMO-CP Certification is offered in several countries by PMO Global Alliance.
- To obtain the certification, the candidate must take an online exam of 40 multiple choice questions, obtaining a minimum score of 75% of correct answers.
- The exam covers technical aspects related to the PMO VALUE RING methodology and the implementation process.
- The candidate has up to 60 minutes to complete the exam.